[yt-users] Using plot modifications on SlicePlots

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 21:57:21 PST 2015

Hi Anna,

Which yt version are you using? If you're not on yt 3.2.1 or later you
should update. There was a bugfix related to plot annotations in multipanel
plots that you might need.

For your second issue, you should be able to specify the axes units using
the 'set_axes_units' method. I just tried it and unfortunately when you
make a unit like 1000*AU, the default unit labels aren't great, so I also
had to manually override the unit labels.

Take a look at this notebook for an example:
http://nbviewer.ipython.org/gist/ngoldbaum/56bbcfb832dfa1fe6db1

I used 1000 kpc because of the scales in my notebook, but 1000 AU should
work as well. I'll think more about how to make the default unit labels
nicer for units like '1000*AU'. Hopefully in future yt versions it won't be
necessary to manually create the labels.

-Nathan