[yt-users] Using plot modifications on SlicePlots

Anna Rosen alrosen at ucsc.edu
Mon Nov 2 21:33:03 PST 2015

Hi all,

I am trying to annotate star particles in a slice plot. My code creates a two panel plot of a slice in the yz-plane and a slice in the xy-plane.
If I make a single slice plot I can annotate the particles just fine but when I try to do it in a multi panel plot the annotations don’t appear.

The code is attached here, the relevant code is between if MULTI_SLICE: and if OFF_AXIS:.
http://paste.yt-project.org/show/6018/ <http://paste.yt-project.org/show/6018/>

My question is is it possible to use plot annotations when trying to make multipanel slice plots or will I have to make those manually?

Another concern I had was axis labeling. I’ve attached an example of one of my slice plots here:

http://i.imgur.com/1SvaQMN.png <http://i.imgur.com/1SvaQMN.png>

The numbering is confusing because of the 1e3 on the x and y axes in odd places. Is there a way I can choose to plot in units of 1000 AU instead of AU? Or change the axis labeling?

Thanks,

Anna