[yt-users] weird square feature in dark matter density slice map

Junhwan Choi (최준환) choi.junhwan at gmail.com
Thu May 14 09:13:10 PDT 2015

Hi Matt and others,

I make the Dark_Matter_Density field slice map, and I still see the
weird square feature.
Meanwhile, I also make the gas density field slice map using ('gas', 'density')
and I find that it does not see the square feature.
Is there any intrinsic issue for the particle deposition?
[My collaborator made the same figure from the ramses output and it
does not show the square feature in DM slice map.]

Here, I send a link for the slice maps under my web page, because the
each figure is about 1MB and mailing list does not like it.
Dark_Matter_Density
http://www.as.utexas.edu/~jhchoi/data/cen_all_0000_Slice_z_Dark_Matter_Density.png
gas density
http://www.as.utexas.edu/~jhchoi/data/cen_all_0000_Slice_z_density.png