[yt-users] How to use yt.load_hexahedral_mesh?

Katharina Wollenberg kwollenberg89 at gmail.com
Sun May 24 11:46:50 PDT 2015

Hello together,

for visualising a 3D disk from ZEUS-MP HDF5 data in yt, I need to load a single spherical polar coordinate grid where x1,x2,x3 are R,T,P and R has ratioed zones. For that I want to use the command yt.load_hexahedral_mesh(data, connectivity, coordinates, length_unit=None, ...) . However, since I am new to yt, I am a little bit stuck right now…
I am not quite sure what is meant in detail by the arguments connectivity and coordinates and how to formulate them in the load_hexahedral_mesh command.

Furthermore, do I need to pay particular attention on some commands because of using HDF5 data?

If anyone has an example for me, that’d be very helpful!

Thanks a lot!

Katharina Wollenberg