[yt-users] Projection of 2D cylindrical FLASH data

Ken Shen kenshen at astro.berkeley.edu
Thu May 14 17:35:48 PDT 2015

I'm really sorry, I can't seem to explain this very clearly in words!

I have 2D axisymmetric data.  Let's suppose that I map this to a 3D
Cartesian dataset.  I'd like to make a 2D plot from this 3D data that
consists of integrating the density along rays from the observer through
the dataset onto a plane on the other side of the data.  Ideally, I'd like
to do this with the observer at an arbitrary position with respect to the
axes.

I haven't done it, but it seems like this is built in to yt's functionality
for 3D datasets.  But I haven't found how to do it for a 2D axisymmetric
dataset.

Sorry for all the messages!
Ken