[yt-users] Plot Rotation

Jason Galyardt jason.galyardt at gmail.com
Mon May 18 06:54:41 PDT 2015

Hi all,

Is there a convenient way to rotate a slice or projection plot (with
associated axis labels and tick marks) in yt? My simulation domain is long
and skinny, and yt automatically plots it with the long edge aligned
horizontally; I'd like to rotate these 2D plots by 90 degrees.

I've combed through the docs and the only way I can think to do it would be
to create a fixed resolution buffer and then manipulate it via matplotlib
functions. The camera seems only applicable for 3D (and doesn't paint the
axes, so far as I can tell).

Any ideas or pointers to docs?

Thanks,

Jason