[yt-users] Plot 2D magnetic field lines

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Mon May 4 12:01:25 PDT 2015

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 11:43 AM, Stella Offner <offner at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to do annotate streamlines and use get_multi_plot with yt
> 3.1? The single-plot example below works for me, but it doesn't work with
> this example of get_multi_plot (i.e. annotations are not carried over):
>
> http://yt-project.org/docs/3.1/cookbook/complex_plots.html#multipanel-with-axes-labels

Hi Stella,

With a bit of fiddling, I was able to get this to work in the latest
development version of yt, although I think it should work in 3.1 as well,
see:

http://paste.yt-project.org/show/5532/

This is a bit tricky, since it depends sensitively on details of how
matplotlib stores imshow plots and that way we interface with that in the
streamline callback.

It might be worthwhile to add a new cookbook script using this example -
we'd be very grateful for any docs improvements you might want to make!

> Sorry if this was already answered in the mailing list archive somewhere,
> the user discussion archives is still unsearchable:
> Forbidden
>
> You don't have permission to access /pipermail/yt-users-spacepope.org/ on
> this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an
> ErrorDocument to handle the request.

This has come up a few times before although the lack of mailing list
archives might make that hard to discover! It's an issue with our ISP. Matt
has been sending them angry e-mails for a while now....

-Nathan