[yt-users] data_source SlicePlot Error

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 22:56:26 PDT 2015

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 10:41 PM, Andrew James Emerick <aje2123 at columbia.edu
> wrote:

> I feel like I may have just tied myself into a package installation knot...
>
> I decided to try and preempt future headaches by just installing via conda
> ($conda install yt). This ran fine, and I can now run "yt update" without
> getting the error message. So now, for the commands you asked for:
>
> which yt   ->         /home/emerick/anaconda/bin/yt
> which python >     /home/emerick/anaconda/bin/python
> import yt; yt.__file__ -> /home/emerick/code/yt/yt/__init__.pyc
>
> Now, that is somewhat baffling. The final path is the path to the original
> yt installation (installed from source, managed by mercurial) I was using.
> The weird part is that that path is not located in any environment
> variables that I could think of (e.g. $PATH, $PYTHONPATH, $LD_LIBRARY_PATH,
> etc.).
>
> I figured there was a chance it would work now, even given the above, but
> when running the same code as before I get a new error (though I guess
> maybe I shouldn't be surprised): http://paste.yt-project.org/show/5494/

This is actually due to a very recent change by Cameron Hummels, who
totally revamped the plot callbacks recently. The annoate_line callback
should take two coordinates and draw a straight line between them.  Take a
look at the dev docs:

http://yt-project.org/docs/dev/visualizing/callbacks.html#overplot-a-straight-line

And the docstring for the callback:

http://yt-project.org/docs/dev/reference/api/generated/yt.visualization.plot_modifications.LinePlotCallback.html#yt.visualization.plot_modifications.LinePlotCallback