[yt-users] Plot window question

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 10:06:51 PDT 2015

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 9:43 AM, David Collins <dcollins4096 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi, Nathan--
>
> Thanks!
>

>> You can change the axes units using the set_width function, which accepts
>> a (width, unit) tuple or a tuple of such tuples.
>

> Does that change the actual data represented?

No.

>> You can change the unit of the image with the set_unit function.
>

> My dataset doesn't have any intrinsic units, is there an easy way to tell
> the dataset how to get from code to physical units?  I feel like this
> question has been asked before, but I can't find the answer, sorry about
> that.

When you call load, supply an overload_units dictionary. See:

http://yt-project.org/docs/dev/analyzing/units/comoving_units_and_code_units.html?highlight=units_override#Overriding-Code-Unit-Definitions

Thanks to John ZuHone for implementing that functionality and making sure
it's working and tested for all the frontends.