[yt-users] adding quantities to halo catalogs

Professor Maller amaller at citytech.cuny.edu
Mon Jun 22 13:41:13 PDT 2015

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to add a quantity to my halo catalog which is cold gas mass. We
can assume I've already defined the field cold_gas_mass, but I'm having
trouble understanding how to add it to my halo catalog. The examples all
seem to be for profiles and it isn't clear to me what to do if you aren't
looking for a profile. Does anyone have an example of doing something like
this they could share?  The total gas mass or any other sum of fluid
quantities would probably be close enough for me understand the syntax.

Thanks,

Ari