[yt-users] projection plot smoothing

Desika Narayanan dnarayan at haverford.edu
Mon Jun 22 03:44:58 PDT 2015

Hi Yang,

I think the cell structures are artifacts of the octree that the density is
smoothed onto in this case.

One thing you could try is to increase the over-refinement of the octree
that the particles are deposited onto.  So, this would be something like:

ds = yt.load(...,over_refinement_factor=1)

(the default is over_refinement_factor=0).  You can increase this number
even higher, though factors above >~2 will start to get pretty taxing on
the memory.

-d