[yt-users] Ploting particles with FLASH

Andrew James Emerick aje2123 at columbia.edu
Fri Jun 5 07:53:07 PDT 2015

Hi John,

The data set is a combination of a plot file and the particle file. The
total domain is 8x8x8 kpc.

ytinstinfo output:

yt module located at:
    /home/emerick/code/yt

The current version and changeset for the code is:

---
Version = 3.2-dev
Changeset = 0360a69a8106+ (yt) tip
---

This installation CAN be automatically updated.
Could not determine when yt stack was last updated.

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 9:53 AM, John Zuhone <jzuhone at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> Could you tell us a bit more about your dataset, e.g., what the domain
> size is, and is it a checkpoint file or a combination of a plot file and a
> particle file?
>
> Also, can you give us the input of ‘yt instinfo’ from a terminal session?
>
> Best,
>
> John Z
>
> On Jun 5, 2015, at 8:55 AM, Andrew James Emerick <aje2123 at columbia.edu>
> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I just tried to make a simple projection plot of gas density in FLASH,
> while overplotting tracer particles using the annotate_particles callback:
>
> proj =
> yt.ProjectionPlot(ds,'z','density',center='m',weight_field='density')
> proj.annotate_particles((1.0,'kpc'))
>
> I got an error while doing this, however:
> http://paste.yt-project.org/show/5599/
>
> The error occurs during the annotate_particles callback. I played around
> with the width argument, but it did not help. Is this functionality
> supported with FLASH data?
>

> Thanks,
> Andrew E.
>

> --