[yt-users] Mapping of particle field to the grid

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 16:29:34 PDT 2015

Hi Yi-Hao,

Enabling more generic particle deposition operators for patch based
datasets is a long term goal of mine. As you've discovered, something like
SPH smoothing has not been implemented yet.

If you're interested in adding this functionality to yt, I would first
bring this up on the dev mailing list to get some advice. Unfortunately I'm
on vacation at the moment and don't have the bandwidth to offer more
concrete advice.

Nathan