[yt-users] Pressure/temperature gradient field

Kacper Kowalik xarthisius.kk at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 15:08:54 PDT 2015

On 07/20/2015 05:03 PM, Suoqing Ji wrote:
> Hi Yuan,
>
> Unfortunately I can not reproduce this error with either yt 2.6 or yt
> 3… If you did not mind, could you provide your script and dataset (or
> send me offline) so I can take a quick look at it?
>
> Best wishes, -- Suoqing JI Ph.D Candidate Department of Physics
> University of California, Santa Barbara
> http://web.physics.ucsb.edu/~suoqing

Hi,
could you show us the method you're using for your fields?

Maybe, it's also a good opportunity to advertise yt-3.x a bit ;)
In latest version you can do:

ds.add_gradient_fields(("gas", "temperature"))

where ds is your loaded dataset. It should create following fields:

[('gas', 'temperature_gradient_x'),
 ('gas', 'temperature_gradient_y'),
 ('gas', 'temperature_gradient_z'),
 ('gas', 'temperature_gradient_magnitude')]

Cheers,
Kacper