[yt-users] Installing yt 3.0

Cameron Hummels chummels at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 11:12:12 PDT 2015

Hey Paco,

If you've installed the stable branch or the dev branch, using the
install_script, you should be able to swap to just 3.0 pretty easily.

Go into the yt-hg directory in your source install and update to the tagged
revision for yt-3.0 (the latest to take bug fixes was 3.0.2):

$ cd yt-x86_64/src/yt-hg
$ hg up -r yt-3.0.2
$ python setup.py develop

you should be ready to go.

But yeah, we should figure out the bug you're encountering too.

Cameron

Cameron Hummels
Postdoctoral Researcher
Steward Observatory