[yt-users] installation issues

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 16:56:09 PDT 2015

Sorry to revive an old thread, but just to clarify:

bitbucket recently disabled the use of CNAMES (the hg.yt-project.org URL is
an example of this) due to security concerns. Since CNAME urls rely on SSL
authentication from the site associate with the CNAME, rather than
bitbucket, it was possible to do a man-in-the-middle attack on code
downloads through these URLs.

The net effect is that hg.yt-project.org is deprecated and URLs using it
will no longer work.  Instead, use https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt.

-Nathan