[yt-users] plotting questions

Cameron Hummels chummels at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 09:19:33 PDT 2015

Hi Shankar,

> In the above plot, Colorbar range is approximately Mass=10^5-10^9. When
> making a plot using ParticlePlot or ParticleProjectionPlot, can I manually
> force the range on the colorbar?
>
> You can use the .set_zlim() function to set the colorbar range in any
PlotWindow object (e.g. ProjectionPlot, ParticlePlot, etc).  In this
instance, try: p.set_zlim('particle_mass', 1e6, 1e7).

> 2. The label on the colorbar says "Particle Mass". Instead, shouldn't it
> be saying something like mass_per_pixel, since the plot is showing the
> total number of particles projected along the z-axis? How can we rename the
> colorbar?

I think you'll have to modify the MPL labels of the p.cax y-axis label.

> 3. Can contours of mass be added to the above plot, using annotate?

Unfortunately, the annotate_contour() callback I don't think is working
with ParticlePlots yet.

Cameron

--
Cameron Hummels