[yt-users] plotting questions

Andrew Myers atmyers2 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 09:19:12 PDT 2015

Hi Shankar,

1. You can set range of the colorbar by doing, for example:

p.set_zlim('particle_mass', 1e6, 1e8)

2. Calling it "Particle Mass" follows the yt convention for phase plots,
but you're right that "mass per pixel" or something like that might make
more sense. At any rate, you can change the label to whatever you want
using, e.g.:

p.set_colorbar_label('particle_mass', 'Particle mass per pixel')

3. Currently, contour callbacks are disabled for particle plots. I think
they could be made to work, although the results might look like a mess if
the plot pixels are sparsely populated. Is this an important feature for
you? If so, you could add a ticket about it here
<https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/issues/new>, and we'll see about
enabling this feature.

Thanks,
Andrew