[yt-users] Creating Derived Fields and Plotting Error

Madison Fitzgerald fitzg152 at msu.edu
Wed Jul 22 07:49:16 PDT 2015

Hello,

I am trying to create two new derived fields and then make a simple phase plot using one of these fields, but I am running into a pretty consistent error involving “convert_to_units". I get basically the same error when using the ds.sphere object and a ds.all_data object, so if there’s something I’ve messed up on, it’s not obvious to me and I would appreciate any help figuring out what’s wrong.

I am running yt on a MacBook Pro with OS 10.10.4. I have the newest version of stable yt (3.1 and changeset 665e2b6cdf78), and you can find my script at this link (http://paste.yt-project.org/show/5733/ <http://paste.yt-project.org/show/5733/>) and my error output at this link (http://paste.yt-project.org/show/5734/ <http://paste.yt-project.org/show/5734/>).

Thank you very much,
Madison Fitzgerald

Madison Fitzgerald

Astrophysics | Lyman Briggs College
Women’s & Gender Studies | College of Arts & Letters
LGBTQ and Sexuality Studies Specialization
Women in Science, President
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant
Undergraduate Research Assistant
Department of Physics and Astronomy