[yt-users] Changing length variable in Rockstar

Paco Holguin opaco450 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 13:51:10 PDT 2015

Hi,
     I have been having problems with the halo finding with Gadget (and
also Arepo) data in Rockstar.  I think the problem is that the conversion
for length is not being set correctly.  This variable
is GADGET_LENGTH_CONVERSION and is currently set to 1, and I want it to be
set to 1e-3 (b/c the code length is in Kpc, not Mpc).

When I run the halo finder in with the HaloCatatlog, yt creates/overwrites
a directory, and outputs a configuration file called "rockstar.cfg" with
the parameters that it used.

However, I can't just change that configuration file to
add GADGET_LENGTH_CONVERSION = 1e-3, because when I run the halo finder
again, it just gets overwritten and the variable used is still 1.

I did try to give it as a finder argument in the Halocatalog function, as
is done with "force_res", but it does not recognize the variable.

Does anyone know how to get the halo finder/rockstar to take a
configuration file, and not overwrite it each time?

Or some other way to change the parameters used in halo finding?

I appreciate the help,

Paco