[yt-users] Shock Finding

Yuan Li bear0980 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 10:47:14 PDT 2015

Hi all,

Thank you for all the suggestions! I decided to try something similar to
Sam's shock identification first.

Here is a problem I encountered:

I tried to define a field of the temperature gradient like gradPressureX,
but I got an error message:
new_field[1:-1,1:-1,1:-1]  = data["Temperature"][sl_right,1:-1,1:-1]/ds
ValueError: could not broadcast input array from shape (62,62,64) into
shape (62,62,62)

I then tried to re-define gradPressureX by copying the original definition
and giving it a different name, and I got the same error. The original
gradPressureX works fine.

Is it because I did not load some specific module or something? I am using
HydroMethod = 2.

Thank you!
Yuan