[yt-users] Problem in running parallel yt on stampede

rahul kashyap rahulkashyap411 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 15:43:29 PDT 2015

Dear yt-users,

I'm trying to use parallel yt on stampede and got this error --
LiMIC: (limic_open) file open fail
[unset]: aborting job:
Fatal error in PMPI_Init_thread:
Other MPI error, error stack:
MPIR_Init_thread(436)....:
MPID_Init(371)...........: channel initialization failed
MPIDI_CH3_Init(335)......:
MPIDI_CH3I_SMP_Init(1723): LiMIC2 device does not exist: No such file or
directory

In the interactive ipython, import yt and import mpi4py works ok but,
yt.enable_parallelism() gives the same error.
Serial scripts runs perfectly fine. I've also tried building mpi4py by
specifying mpicc path; itdoesn't work.

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

rahul