[yt-users] Installing yt 3.0

Cameron Hummels chummels at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 09:42:48 PDT 2015

Hi Paco,

Just to be clear, the "stable" version *is* version 3.0.  Perhaps you are
looking for the current development version, which is the most up to date
(some new functionality since "stable")?  If you want to use the all in one
installation, there are directions on our web page:
http://yt-project.org/#getyt and in the docs here:
http://yt-project.org/docs/dev/installing.html#all-in-one-installation-script
.  I see that it only has the link in the docs for getting the "stable"
install_script, but if you want the "development" install_script, it's this
instead:

https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/raw/yt/doc/install_script.sh

I'll change the docs to make this more clear to future users.  I hope this
helps!

Cameron

On Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at 7:43 AM, Paco Holguin <opaco450 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>      I want to install yt 3.0 instead of the current version.  Is there a
> straightforward way to do this, or can someone point me to
> a relevant page with the info ?  I have been looking at the documentation,
> but I don't quite understand how to do it.   I originally used the all in
> one installation, but all I see in the documentation is the command to get
> the script for the current stable version.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paco

Cameron Hummels
Postdoctoral Researcher