[yt-users] RAMSES particles - star IDs are < 0

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 17:01:00 PST 2015

Hi Rick,

I haven't tried it, but I think you can do this with a particle filter:

http://yt-project.org/docs/dev/analyzing/filtering.html?highlight=particle_filter#filtering-particle-fields

Here your particle filter will need select only particles with ID < 0.  I'm
not sure what the ramses particle ID field is named, but you'll need to use
that.

Then, when you call annotate_particles, you'll need to pass the name of
your new particle filter as the "ptype" keyword argument.

Hope that's clear, let me know if you get stuck and need a worked out
example.

-Nathan