[yt-users] problem with slices in non-unitary volumes

Brian O'Shea bwoshea at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 09:20:45 PST 2015

Dear yt-users,

I'm having a problem with making slices in non-unitary volumes.  I have a
3D enzo simulation that has domain bounds of (-1.6...1.6) in every
dimension (units of megaparsecs), and after I updated to the tip of yt-3
(changeset d9502d848029) from a fairly old version of the code I suddenly
have problems with making simple projections.  If I run this set of
commands:

import yt
ds = yt.load("DD0400/DD0400")
proj =
yt.SlicePlot(ds,'x','temperature',center=[0.0,0.0,0.0],width=(0.2,'Mpc'))

I get this error:

http://paste.yt-project.org/show/6115/

This seems to work fine on an Enzo cosmological dataset (domain bounds 0-1
in each dimension), and previously worked fine in yt-3 (using a version of
the code from a couple of months ago).

is this a bug, or am I doing something dumb?

Thanks!

--Brian