[yt-users] Mass of Metals in Disk, Halo, Gas, and Stars

Fitzgerald, Madison Lyn fitzg152 at msu.edu
Wed Dec 2 06:36:52 PST 2015

Hello,

I’m trying to find the total mass of metals in the disk, halo, gas, and stars of a given galaxy with yt 3.2.2, but I’m not exactly sure how to do that. What I’ve done so far is sum the metals in each of these areas and then divide the total mass by that (I’ve isolated each location I do this with a series of ####### above and below: http://paste.yt-project.org/show/6086/).

How do I, instead, sum up the mass of the metals?

Thank you,
Madison Fitzgerald

Astrophysics | Lyman Briggs College
Women’s & Gender Studies | College of Arts & Letters
LGBTQ and Sexuality Studies Specialization
Women in Science, President
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant
Department of Physics and Astronomy
Honors College