[yt-users] stitching data sets together

Jonah Miller jonah.maxwell.miller at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 12:31:08 PDT 2015

Hi Everyone,

I have data for a simulation in spherical coordinates that I wish to
input into yt and visualize using the generic reader tools. However, the
simulation is broken up into six volumes, each of which is a solid angle
that makes up part of a sphere. Unfortunately, stitching together the
arrays of data produces a lot of redundancies, there's no easy way to
include all of it in a single array without including the same data
points several times. So what I'd like is a way to feed in each solid
angle as an individual data set, but visualize all six datasets on a
single plot. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best,
Jonah MIller