[yt-users] volume rendering colorbar issue

Michael Zingale michael.zingale at stonybrook.edu
Tue Aug 11 14:04:28 PDT 2015

A while back I added a label_fmt argument to save_annotated:

        label_fmt : str, optional

           A format specifier (e.g., label_fmt="%.2g") to use in formatting

           the data values that label the transfer function colorbar.

this fixed the values for me so they look reasonable.

Note: I don't think any of this has made it over to the new VR interface.

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 2:42 PM, Stephanie Tonnesen <stonnes at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi yt-users,
>
> My last attempt was too big to make it to the user list, so I will try
> again!
> I am trying to make a volume rendering using
> ---
> Version = 3.2-dev
> Changeset = dc2467c4eae7 (yt) tip
> ---
> and basically following this example:
>
> http://bender.astro.sunysb.edu/random/vol_rotate.py
>
> My problem is that the units are wonky on my colorbar.  I input them in my
> transfer function as cgs, and the peaks seem to be in the right place based
> on my input range and sample values.  Can I get the colorbar to present the
> density values in cgs?  You can see the colorbar and the code attached.
>
> Oh, I had to add in the line
> matplotlib.use('pdf')
> because I was getting a _tkinter can't find your screen error everytime I
> tried to add the colorbar.  I think it was a matplotlib with my computer
> problem.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Stephanie
> --
> Dr. Stephanie Tonnesen
> Alvin E. Nashman Postdoctoral Fellow
> Carnegie Observatories, Pasadena, CA
> stonnes at gmail.com

Michael Zingale
Associate Professor

Dept. of Physics & Astronomy • Stony Brook University • Stony Brook, NY
11794-3800
*phone*:  631-632-8225
*e-mail*: Michael.Zingale at stonybrook.edu
*web*: http://www.astro.sunysb.edu/mzingale