[yt-users] volume rendering colorbar issue

Stephanie Tonnesen stonnes at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 11:42:43 PDT 2015

Hi yt-users,

My last attempt was too big to make it to the user list, so I will try
again!
I am trying to make a volume rendering using
---
Version = 3.2-dev
Changeset = dc2467c4eae7 (yt) tip
---
and basically following this example:

http://bender.astro.sunysb.edu/random/vol_rotate.py

My problem is that the units are wonky on my colorbar.  I input them in my
transfer function as cgs, and the peaks seem to be in the right place based
on my input range and sample values.  Can I get the colorbar to present the
density values in cgs?  You can see the colorbar and the code attached.

Oh, I had to add in the line
matplotlib.use('pdf')
because I was getting a _tkinter can't find your screen error everytime I
tried to add the colorbar.  I think it was a matplotlib with my computer
problem.

Thanks!

Stephanie
--