[yt-users] Why individual plots have to be saved before being handed to eps_writer?

Anni Järvenpää anni.jarvenpaa at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 05:45:17 PDT 2015

Hi All,

I have been updating the eps_writer to handle a mixture of profiles, slices
and projections that can be displayed in a single plot (multiple panels).
eps_writer with my edits can be reviewed at
http://paste.yt-project.org/show/5773/. However, in order to get the plot
axes to work correctly I need to save the individual plots as well before
passing them to the eps_writer.

Here is an example script: http://paste.yt-project.org/show/5772/. It works
correctly as is, but uncommenting the changes in plots causes weird results
if I don't also save the individual plots. The result of saving and
not-saving are below (as you can see the plot doesn't change but the
axes/colorbar does).
http://www.mv.helsinki.fi/home/aajarven/yt/noedit.png
http://www.mv.helsinki.fi/home/aajarven/yt/edits-nosave.png
http://www.mv.helsinki.fi/home/aajarven/yt/edits-save.png

Does anyone know why the plots must be saved before being handed to the
eps_writer api?
I'd like to push these changes to the eps_writer and could possibly raise
the save as a bug?

Let me know.

Anni