[yt-users] Two different setup.py installs

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 13:13:20 PDT 2015

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 1:08 PM, Junhwan Choi (최준환) <choi.junhwan at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thank you Nathan,
> The following is the error message I got.
> =================================
>     import yt
>   File "/work/00916/tg459470/common/src/yt/yt/__init__.py", line 121,
> in <module>
>     from yt.data_objects.api import \
>   File "/work/00916/tg459470/common/src/yt/yt/data_objects/api.py",
> line 16, in <module>
>     from .grid_patch import \
>   File "/work/00916/tg459470/common/src/yt/yt/data_objects/grid_patch.py",
> line 23, in <module>
>     from yt.data_objects.data_containers import \
>   File
> "/work/00916/tg459470/common/src/yt/yt/data_objects/data_containers.py",
> line 43, in <module>
>     import yt.geometry.selection_routines
> ImportError:
> /work/00916/tg459470/common/src/yt/yt/geometry/selection_routines.so:
> invalid ELF header
> =================================

Interesting, never seen this error before.  Let's try forcing all the C
extensions to be recompiled.  First, make sure all yt installations have
been removed:

$ pip uninstall yt

Repeat that until it complains about not finding an active installation.

Then, in the root of the yt repository, run

$ bash clean.sh

clean.sh is a shell script that cleans up compiled artifacts.

Next, recompile

$ python setup.py develop

And let us know if that fixes the issue.