[yt-users] Periodicity and cutting planes

Mark Krumholz mkrumhol at ucsc.edu
Tue Apr 14 10:26:05 PDT 2015

Hi YT Users,

I’m trying to figure out if there’s a way to get cutting planes to interact with periodicity correctly. I have an ORION data set, and I want to look at a cutting plane in a region that happens to be near a domain boundary. The calculation is periodic, and yt correctly flags it as such. However, when I take a cutting plane that goes off the edge of the computational domain, it doesn’t wrap back around on the other side as it should. Instead, the cells off the domain edge get filled with NaN’s. I have been unable to locate any information in the documentation about whether there is a way to have the cutting plane recognize the periodicity and wrap correctly. Is there a way to do this? Thanks.

--
Mark Krumholz