[yt-users] Making density and velocity field

Junhwan Choi (최준환) choi.junhwan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 06:33:53 PDT 2015

Hi yt users,

I have a few questions regarding to density and velocity field.
I try to make the 3-dimension dark matter and baryon density and
velocity fields from enzo simulation.
In order to use SPH/CIC smoothing, I tried to use ('deposit',
'Dark_Matter_cic') for enzo dark matter, and it does not work.
What is particletype for Dark Matter density and velocity in enzo?

After making the density field, I would like to deposit the density
for fixed grid cube.
I knew the FixedResolutionBuffer, that does a similar thing for 2D,
but I can not find 3D version of the similar object.
Is there any such object (uni-grid Buffer) for 3D?

Lastly, I try to use the dark matter velocity arrow with
annotate_velocity(), but it looks to me that the annotation only works
for gas,
because it does not have any argument distinct field type.
How can I plot the dark matter (or particle in general) velocity arrow in yt?

Thank you in advance,
Junhwan