[yt-users] Point Pairs in the Two Point Function

Stephen Skory s at skory.us
Mon Sep 15 15:29:28 PDT 2014

Hi Piyanat,

If memory serves (and it might not!),

1. The first point in each pair is chosen randomly within the volume.
The second point is chosen by picking a random-ish distance away
(within limits) from the first point, and the 3D angle is randomly
chosen on a sphere (so all angles are equally likely).

2. I'm not sure I understand this question. The algorithm should not
chose point pairs with distances greater than the size of your volume
(periodicity considered). Can you rephrase your question?

Sorry I can't be more specific, but yt isn't part of my job anymore! :(