[yt-users] Fwd: install failure

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 19:43:38 PDT 2014

Hi Mordecai,

On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 9:04 PM, Nathan Goldbaum <nathan12343 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 6:57 PM, Mordecai-Mark Mac Low <mordecai at amnh.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> Here’s are examples of the problem. yt fails immediately with any usage.
>> As you can see, I don’t have a lot of information here!
>>

>> [yt-x86_64] sagittariusb 1 % yt
>> Abort
>> [yt-x86_64] sagittariusb 2 % yt --help
>> Abort
>> [yt-x86_64] sagittariusb 3 % python
>> Python 2.7.8 (default, Sep 28 2014, 20:55:56)
>> [GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 6.0 (clang-600.0.51)] on darwin
>> Abort
>> [yt-x86_64] sagittariusb 4 %

My guess, which could be far off, is that it's a module yt is
importing.  I would try these things:

import numpy
import matplotlib.pyplot
import h5py

and see if any of those error out.  If they don't, then I'll send over
a script importing each component of yt which you can run which will
identify which particular submodule.  I suspect a symbol is unresolved
or causing some issue; we often see similar behavior on systems where
the linking is tricky.