[yt-users] Potential problem with the field_parameters dictionary in SlicePlot (and certainly others)

Antoine Strugarek strugarek at ASTRO.UMontreal.CA
Wed Sep 3 09:08:22 PDT 2014

Hi,

I’ve been trying to specify by hand the ‘center’ entry of the dictionary field_parameters to a SlicePlot so that the derived field can make use of another center to compute, e.g., cylindrical coordinates. After tracking why my specified center had no effect, I noticed that the function _set_center is called when a SlicePlot is created, and this function erases any ‘center’ entry in the field_parameters dictionary, putting there the ‘center’ keyword specified as an argument to SlicePlot. It appears to me this should not be the normal behaviour, but I may be misunderstanding something. I would naively suggest not to update the ‘field_parameters’ dictionary in the _set_center function, though I’m not completely sure?

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestion about this issue!

Antoine