[yt-users] Fwd: Blue Waters Advanced User Workshop and yt development workshop

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 13:29:51 PDT 2014

Hi everyone,

As noted below, there's going to be a development workshop for yt at
NCSA at University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, on October 16 and 17.
This is going to be a dev workshop, but *everyone* is invited (whether
you use Blue Waters or not!).  There isn't yet a set schedule, but I
hope we can spend time on solidifying support for newer frontends,
attaching to running simulations, and hopefully even converting the
n-body codes to forest-of-octree from the current implementation.  I'm
also thinking it might be a good idea to block off an afternoon *just*
for converting any analysis modules or analysis code that works on yt
2 but not yt 3.

In the next few days I will have information about funding for
attendance; please write to me to let me know if you'd like travel
support.  I can't guarantee anything yet, but I am hoping to have some
positive information soon.

Hope to see lots of people there!

-Matt