[yt-users] streamlines and volume rendering

Sam Skillman samskillman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 20:18:35 PDT 2014

Hi Kiki,

Thanks for the compliments on the volume rendering in yt.  As of right now
there isn't a simple way to add streamlines in the same figure. However, we
are really close! There is a current work-in-progress [WIP] pull request
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-request/1256/wip-volume-rendering-refactor
where we are adding such a capability.  What I'd suggest is to keep your
ears open for new requests for testing the new framework and check back
soon. I hope that by the end of the week we'll have some examples up on the
pull request that would give you enough of a head start to try it out. I
will try to remember to cc you when i send out requests for beta-testers.

Cheers,
Sam