[yt-users] Fwd: [gadget-list] universal reader for python

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 08:07:30 PDT 2014

This might be of interest here.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *Robert Thompson* <rthompsonj at gmail.com>
Date: Sunday, October 26, 2014
Subject: [gadget-list] universal reader for python
To: gadget-list at mpa-garching.mpg.de

Gadget community,

I wanted to share a tool that I’ve been developing for the past several
years called pyGadgetReader.  It is a universal gadget snapshot reader for
python that supports type-1, type-2, HDF5, and TIPSY binary outputs (also
supports binaries from FoF, P-StarGroupFinder, Rockstar, &
Rockstar-Galaxies).  I finally got around to polishing up the documentation
and now believe it to be ready for public consumption.  Happy simulating!

https://bitbucket.org/rthompson/pygadgetreader

-Robert Thompson