[yt-users] colorbar in AxesGrid of yt slices

Morgan MacLeod morganmacleod at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 07:20:51 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I have a question related to saving multipanel figures generated with the
AxesGrid toolkit as ".eps".

I've made a few plots in which I *very* closely follow this example:
http://yt-project.org/doc/cookbook/multiplot_2x2_time_series.py

Except I replace the save line with
plt.savefig('my_figure.eps',format='eps')

I am hoping to fix this issue (where the colorbar has thin lines in it):
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15003353/why-does-my-colorbar-have-lines-in-it
with a line like:

cbar.solids.set_rasterized(True)

I haven't been able to figure out, though, how to access the colorbar
object itself within the context of the AxesGrid. In the example script, we
access the colorbar axes, which is close, but not quite what is needed, I
think.

Thank you in advance for the help,

Morgan