[yt-users] particle generator and update issues

Elizabeth Tasker tasker at astro1.sci.hokudai.ac.jp
Tue Oct 14 06:42:27 PDT 2014

Hi John,

Thanks for looking into this!

CICDeposit and CICSample are actually the opposite of each other—the first deposits particle quantities onto the mesh, the second interpolates mesh quantities onto the particles. I’m not sure why CICDeposit_3 wasn’t in your repo—I can import it over here.

Ah! This was my mistake: I was searching for it in a python routine, but it lives in particle_deposit.c.

Updating again has worked! I am now back on yt-3:

tasker at schiehallion:~/yt-3/bin$ yt update
yt : [INFO     ] 2014-10-14 22:24:20,504 Loading plugins from /home/tasker/.yt/my_plugins.py

yt module located at:
    /home/tasker/yt-new/src/yt-hg

The current version and changeset for the code is:

---
Version = 3.0.2
Changeset = a119d0a54bfe (stable) tip
---

This installation CAN be automatically updated.

So the only error is the is the "KeyError: ('io', 'particle_position_x’)” .

Thanks!

Elizabeth