[yt-users] integrate a field along a direction

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 07:28:04 PDT 2014

Hi Juan,

You can do this in a few steps with the following:
First, you can make a projection of your dataset and have it only use the
data in the sphere.  To make a projection, you can use (assuming your
dataset is called "data") data.proj.  To see what the options are, type
"help(data.proj)".  You can have it only project data within the sphere
with the data_source keyword.
Next, you can pixelize this projection to a constant resolution by creating
a fixed resolution buffer and giving it the projection you just made.  For
more information on that, have a look here:
http://yt-project.org/doc/analyzing/generating_processed_data.html

Let us know if you have any more questions.  Good luck!

Britton