[yt-users] yt-2.x: derived fields and field parameters

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 13:17:41 PST 2014

Hi Brian,

I've taken a look at it, and this is a genuine bug -- depending on how
the fields are accessed, field parameters either will or won't get
passed in.  My guess is that if you were to access the field in teh
data object itself, it would work (just a guess though).  This has
been completely rewritten in the 3.0 line, and unfortunately we do not
have the ability to apply sweeping fixes to yt-2.x at this time.  If
you are able to find the location to apply this fix, please do so and
we'll happily accept!  I think it will require using something like
@restore_grid_state while computing inside the derived quantity.

-Matt