[yt-users] Reading athena output

almog yalin almog.yalin at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 12:51:50 PST 2014

Hi.

I ran a 2D simulation with Athena and exported the data to vtk files. I was
even able to load the file with yt and inspect some of its elements. What I
would like to do is to compare the density from the simulation to an
analytic solution (which I can evaluate at the grid points). The problem is
I cannot figure out how to extract the relevant information from the
yt.frontends.athena.data_structures.AthenaDataset object. What I expect are
2d arrays of the x coordinate, y coordinate and density.

Thanks in Advance,
Almog