[yt-users] create_profile in 3.0

John Regan johnanthonyregan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 06:54:56 PST 2014

Hi All,

I was wondering about the behaviour of create_profile in 3.0.

If I do something like

yt.create_profile(sphere, 'particle_radius',  'all_density')

it will fail but

yt.create_profile(sphere, 'radius',  'all_density')

will succeed.

And
yt.create_profile(sphere, 'particle_radius', 'particle_mass',
                            weight_field=None)

will also be OK as long as I set the weight_field = None otherwise it
fails.

I'm able to plot enclosed dark matter profiles but when it comes to density
profiles the above difficulties are proving troublesome :)

Any tips would be appreciated! Simple script attached.

John