[yt-users] Isocontours for two fields in volume rendering.

Cameron Hummels chummels at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 15:24:07 PST 2014

I believe this email thread has more information on dealing with
multivariate volume rendering:

http://lists.spacepope.org/htdig.cgi/yt-users-spacepope.org/2013-August/014067.html

These emails are in reference to yt 2.x, but 3.0 shouldn't be substantially
different.  The gist of the solution is that you can do two volume renders
for two different fields, then combine them in the end to a single image.
Stella Offner created a good example of this in a movie which is featured
on our webpage (5th one down):

http://yt-project.org/gallery.html

I hope this helps!

Cameron

On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 11:13 PM, Daniel Fenn <dsfenn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi--I've got a question I'm hoping someone can help me with. I'm trying to
> do a volume rendering including 2 different fields whose scales differ by
> ~8 orders of magnitude. I'd like to be able to specify isocontours for
> specific values for each of the fields. I've been able to achieve this with
> just one field, but how can I do it for multiple fields?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Daniel

Cameron Hummels
Postdoctoral Researcher