[yt-users] Error in simple volume rendering

Daniel Fenn dsfenn at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 20:20:32 PST 2014

Hi Sam,

Sorry for the delay. It's been a while since I had the time to work on
this. Changing the center and width didn't work. Interestingly, changing
the number of mpi processes did. I was originally using 24 processes, and
it was failing when the value of bottom_id in the
function get_reduce_owners() in amr_kdtree.py reached 32.

I did some testing, and it always worked when I used 16 processes or less.
Sometimes higher numbers would work, but that depended on the input file.
For instance, with one input file, it worked on 18 processes, but with a
different input file, it didn't. Both the input files I tested were Flash
hdf5 files, but with different levels of refinement.

Also, I'm not sure if this is related, but when I'm using the ipython
notebook and I try to do

if yt.is_root()
     cam.show()

or

if yt.is_root()
     cam.snapshot()

these both cause the engines to hang. I can call cam.show() or
cam.snapshot(), and they work just fine, as long as I'm calling it on all
processes. But as soon as I restrict to to just root, it hangs.

I appreciate any help you could give me. For now, I'm just making sure to
only use 16 processes, but that doesn't seem like a good long-term solution.

Thanks,

Daniel