[yt-users] allsky_projection problems

Cameron Hummels chummels at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 12:52:26 PST 2014

Hi Lile,

As the message suggests, the allsky_projection function is not implemented
in yt-3.0.  We're actively refactoring the volume rendering module in yt,
and one of the goals is to unify the different cameras for rendering images
(plane parallel, fisheye, HEALpix, etc.), but this is not yet working.  It
is expected to be added to the main line in the next 2-3 months.

Until then if you want to access the all sky projection functionality, I
recommend you use the previous version of yt: 2.x.  For more information
about how to get yt-2.x, see here:
http://yt-project.org/docs/dev/installing.html#switching-between-yt-versions

For documentation on yt-2.x (including the all sky projection information),
see here: http://yt-project.org/docs/2.6/

I hope this helps!

Cameron

On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 1:27 PM, Lile Wang <lilew at astro.princeton.edu> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I got something wrong when I was trying to generate the allsky_projection
> map in yt-3.0, by receiving an exception "NotImplementError".
>
> Any idea about what happened? Thanks in advance.
>
> Cheers,
> Lile

> Lile 'Patrick' Wang
> Dept. of Astroph. Sci., Princeton University, NJ 08544 USA
> Website     : http://www.astro.princeton.edu/~lilew/
> Tel (Mobile): +1-(734)-834-3936
> Tel (GVoice): +1-(510)-926-6831

Cameron Hummels