[yt-users] yt installation issues

Kaylea Nelson kaylea.nelson at yale.edu
Mon May 12 10:29:29 PDT 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to install the latest stable yt version via the
install_script.sh on a Red Hat 6 based HPC. I'm getting a very confusing
error during the final steps of the installation, which can be seen here:
http://paste.yt-project.org/show/4612/

Basically, during the step where yt updates from the repo and then attempts
to install, it looks in a very odd place for the distribute python package.
I can't simply update that version, because I'm on an HPC, but I think the
problem is deeper than that. Its looking for it in a version of python that
I don't even have loaded in my environment, in a directory that isn't in my
PYTHONPATH. I've tried wiping out my python path prior to install as well,
but with the same results. From my understanding, yt shouldn't even be
trying to use the system version of python any way?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Kaylea