[yt-users] updated examples for 3.0 volume rendering

Michael Zingale michael.zingale at stonybrook.edu
Fri Mar 28 12:10:03 PDT 2014

Is there any updated examples for using the yt 3.0 volume rendering?

For instance, looking at this:

http://yt-project.org/docs/dev/cookbook/simple_plots.html#simple-volume-rendering

The field name is no longer simply "Density", but now, for my data, I need
to use a tuple like:

field =  ('boxlib', 'magvel')

And then when I look at the extrema, I no longer take the [0] index, as
that just gives the min, but instead if I look at:

dd.quantities["Extrema"](field)

I get:

(124.858613718 dimensionless, 18061918.0546 dimensionless)

(not sure why they are dimensionless, but that's a different problem).

Finally, if I try to make a transfer function, like:

tf = ColorTransferFunction((mi, ma))

I get:

NameError: name 'ColorTransferFunction' is not defined

I just synced up with the development version today.

Mike

--
Michael Zingale
Associate Professor

Dept. of Physics & Astronomy * Stony Brook University * Stony Brook, NY
11794-3800
*phone*:  631-632-8225
*e-mail*: Michael.Zingale at stonybrook.edu
*web*: http://www.astro.sunysb.edu/mzingale